What We Are Reading08 Sep 2020
At Aii, we love to read. We are always looking for new perspectives, expert analysis, and fresh insight to inform our approach to problem solving. We often read through newsletters and journalistic articles, as well as studies and reports from universities and think tanks. But, sometimes it takes a book to do justice to a topic.
While we have many interest areas, here are just a few books our team is reading now or plans to soon:
- The Fifth Domain: Defending Our Country, Our Companies, and Ourselves in the Age of Cyber Threats | by Richard A. Clarke and Robert K. Knake
Climate and Conservation
- False Alarm: How Climate Change Panic Costs Us Trillions, Hurts the Poor, and Fails to Fix the Planet | by Bjorn Lomborg
- What We Know About Climate Change | by Kerry Emanuel
- Apocalypse Never: Why Environmental Alarmism Hurts Us All | by Michael Shellenberger
- The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels | by Alex Epstein
- Nothing Like It In the World: The Men Who Built the Transcontinental Railroad 1863-1869 | by Stephen E. Ambrose
What are you reading? What do you recommend to Aii and our audience?
We like to see how others think about topics and what different experts think and believe across a broad spectrum. While we do not endorse any individual book or author, we recommend exploring many different ideas and perspectives. You may like to visit our virtual Think Tank Row, where we highlight what others are saying and thinking on topics related to climate change, energy development, innovation, and infrastructure!
Written by Benjamin Dierker, Director of Public Policy
The Alliance for Innovation and Infrastructure (Aii) is an independent, national research and educational organization. An innovative think tank, Aii explores the intersection of economics, law, and public policy in the areas of climate, damage prevention, energy, infrastructure, innovation, technology, and transportation.